- Water: 9 oz. (270 ml)
- Canolive Oil1: 3 Tbs (45 ml)
- Honey: 3 Tbs (45 ml)
- Lemon Zest2: zest of one large lemon.
- Bread Flour: 2 1/2 cups (600 ml)
- Whole Wheat Flour: 1/2 cup (120 ml)
- Rye Flour: 1/2 cups (120 ml)
- Powdered Buttermilk: 3 Tbs (45 ml)
- Grated Nutmeg3: 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 ml)
- Salt: 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 ml)
- Yeast: 2 tsp (10 ml)
- Raisins4: 1/2 cup (120 ml)
Instructions and Comments
- Wheat Cycle, Regular Crust Setting on Zojirushi Bread Machine
- This bread is good with breakfast when toasted.
- This recipe yields about a 1 1/2 lb. loaf.
- Substitute "Craisins" (sun-dried cranberries) for the raisins to get interesting variety.
1Canolive oil is 50% Olive and 50% Canola oils.
2Lemon zest is a fine scraping of the lemon peel.
Most kitchen stores sell zesters to abrade the peel. Be sure to get only the
thin outer layer or the zest will be too bitter.
3Substitute cinnamon (if you must).
4Add late in the mixing cycle.
Back to Bread Page
Back to Main Page