We often get inquiries about our bread recipes. I'll start listing some of our favorites here.
A few notes:
- These recipes were developed for a bread machine.
- You should be able to use any of these recipes by hand or with any brand of bread machine.
- Follow the general instructions for your bread machine; i.e., wet (or dry?) ingredients first.
- The amounts of ingredients have been arrived at by trial and error.
- Measure the liquid ingredients very carefully. (I use a graduated cylindrical beaker accurate to the nearest two ml.)
- Be prepared to add a tablespoon (or two) of flour if your dough is too wet or sticky. (Then resolve
to be more careful measuring liquids next time.)
- Use bread machine flour. (Never self-rising!)
- We no longer recommend using gluten flour. However, excessive use of rye flour may require using gluten flour in order to get the bread to rise significantly. We now use minimal amounts of actual rye flour.
- When using soft fruit (raisins, olives, etc.), use the "sweet" bread setting (if available) and add this ingredient when the
5-minute warning sounds before kneading stops.
- Most ingredients can be found at your supermarket. Others are available at "health food" stores. Sometimes, you may have to go to the Internet to find ingredients.
Rosemary Whole Wheat
Rosemary Whole Wheat (Small)
Back to Main Page