Olive and Oregano
- Water: 11 oz. (330 ml)
- Olive Oil: 1/4 cup (60 ml)
- Sliced1 Ripe Olives: 1 small can (120 g)
- Bread Flour: 3 cups (720 ml)
- Whole Wheat Flour: 1 1/2 cup (360 ml)
- Sugar: 1/8 cup (30 ml)
- Oregano Leaves2: 1/8 cup (30 ml)
- Salt: 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 ml)
- Yeast: 2 tsp (10 ml)
Instructions and Comments
- Basic, Wheat Setting on Zojirushi Bread Machine.
- This bread is good for sandwiches or toasted.
- This recipe yields about a 2 lb. loaf.
- Refrigerate this bread after two days.
1 Chopped ripe olives can also be used. If using chopped olives, don't add them until the "add" beep occurs; otherwise, add the sliced olives at 2:52 remaining for the Zojirushi machine on the wheat setting. (This is 5 minutes before the beep.)
2 Fresh is better than dried. Thyme or Basil leaves are also good. If using fresh leaves, use about a fourth to a third of a cup, loosely packed.
Back to Bread Page
Back to Main Page