Rosemary Whole Wheat (Small Loaf)
- Water: 9 2/3 oz. (290 ml)
- Canolive Oil1: 1/4 cup (60 ml)
- Honey: 1/4 cup (60 ml)
- Bread Flour: 2 1/2 cups (600 ml)
- Whole Wheat Flour: 1 cup (240 ml)
- Oat Bran Cereal2: 1/8 cup (30 ml)
- Milled Flax Seed: 1/8 cup (30 ml)
- Powdered Buttermilk: 1/8 cup (30 ml)
- Salt: 1.5 tsp (7.5 ml)
- Fresh Rosemary Leaves3,4: 2 Tbs (30 ml)
- Yeast: 2 tsp (8.75 ml)
Instructions and Comments
- Basic, Wheat Setting on Zojirushi Bread Machine.
- This bread is good for sandwiches or toasted.
- Plant a Rosemary bush for the freshest leaves. (Easy to grow and winter hardy.)
- This recipe yields about a 1 1/2 lb loaf.
1Canolive oil is 50% Olive and 50% Canola oils.
2Any popular brand of granulated Oat bran or Wheat bran cereal (originally meant to be cooked). Wheat Germ will also work.
3Rosemary leaves cut to about 1/4" lengths (or longer if you like).
4Basil and Thyme are also good. Fresh is best, but dried is'nt bad.
Back to Bread Page
Back to Main Page